Ishmail is an Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences at the Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University. From 2018-2021, he was Mitchell J. and Margo Krody Blutt Presidential Assistant Professor of Biology at the University of Pennsylvania. Ishmail received a B.S. in Animal Science at North Carolina A&T University in 2006, and Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Pennsylvania in 2012. From 2012-2018, Ishmail was postdoctoral fellow at Weill Cornell Medicine and University of Pennsylvania.
Selected Honors and Awards | curriculum vitae
- Kavli Fellow, National Academy of Sciences (2021)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow (2021)
- Rita Allen Foundation Scholar, Award in Pain (2020)
- NIH Mitchell Max Award for Excellence in Pain Research (2018)
- NIH K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award (2017)
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund PDEP Fellowship (2015)